Home made granola is very simple to make at home. You control what goes into it and the price can’t be beat! A great topping for your yogurt or an on the snack.
Try some of these combinations to find your favorite!
My favorite is a simple recipe with vanilla and almonds.
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
4 cups oatmeal (not quick or instant)
2 teaspoons natural honey
1-2 tablespoons cinnamon
This is the basic recipe you can do extra add ins of your choice for variety.
1. Combine brown sugar and water in a large bowl, heat and stir every minute to dissolve.
2. Add oatmeal and mix until well coated. Add cinnamon and honey and any other add-ins, mix well.
3. Line two baking sheets with sides (high enough to stir so it doesn’t spill over the edges) with parchment paper. Thinly layer the granola onto both sheets.
4. Bake at 350 for 30 and stir every 10 minutes.
5. Allow to cool completely and store in an air tight container.
KEEPS FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS.